American football is a team contact sport that consists of two teams of eleven people each. The game is played on a rectangular field with a special oval ball. Includes elements of rugby and football. Let’s learn more about sports and teams to make sport bets. It will be good for you to know!
At the moment, the teams from the World Cup are on the list of the best:
- national team of Morocco;
- French team.
Of the participants in the International Cup of the Premier League, it is worth highlighting:
A bit of history
American football appeared in the middle of the 19th century in the USA. Its creators took something from ordinary football, something from rugby and added something from themselves. At the same time, the rules remained fuzzy for a very long time, they were formed only by the end of the century.
In 1920, the National Football League was formed. This league has had to compete more than once. Several other leagues were created in the mid-20th century, but the NFL eventually absorbed them.
No country can match the USA in popularity of this sport, but American football is actively promoted in Canada, Mexico, South Korea, Japan, Australia and several European countries. The creation of the International Federation of American Football in 1998 was a natural result of development.
Since the 90s, European and world championships have been regularly held, but so far the level of national teams cannot even compare with the level of NFL clubs. A total of 5 World Cups were held, of which the United States won the last three (with three participations), the Japanese team excelled 2 more times.
- For the main outcome. Draws do happen, but they are so uncommon in American football that bookmakers don’t usually accept bets on them. After a draw, overtime is assigned, where the teams may also not determine the winner, but this happens once every few years. P.S. Be careful, bookmakers may or may not take into account overtime.
- For the winner of the quarter. It is better to bet on such markets in Live.
- To total. Be careful, the bookmaker can accept bets with or without overtime. Also, bets are accepted on the total of the quarter and the total of the half (the first two quarters – the first half, 3-4 quarter – the second half).
- Handicap bet. For regular time, including overtime, for a half or a separate quarter.
- Quarter/match. You need to guess the outcome of the first quarter and the match.
When we talk about betting on American football, we mean bets on the NFL and other North American leagues. Bookmakers also accept bets on the national championships of other countries, but these are little-studied tournaments about which there is very little information. In addition, the margin in the NFL is 1.5-3%, and, for example, in the Swedish championship it is already within 8%.
Before betting on American football, you should learn all the rules of this sport, not even at the level of an ordinary American fan, but even better. American football only seems incomprehensible at first glance, but even if you watch a few matches, you will master the basics of this game.
The centerpiece of American football is the quarterback. In regular football, there is no such player who controls the game as much as a quarterback. Therefore, if a team’s center quarterback gets injured, suspended, or simply out of shape, the team is almost doomed to failure.
NFL teams don’t play their games in such a merciless regime as in the NBA or NHL, they always have a week to recover before the game. Therefore, players are rarely tired due to an overloaded schedule.