Video content is more successful than text and image content combined, and YouTube is far and away the leader of online video content. Leveraging the power of YouTube can help businesses reach more people, increase brand recognition, and drive sales.
Around half of marketers currently use YouTube in their marketing strategy, making it the most used video platform for businesses. And with over 2.5 billion active users and advanced targeting options, it’s also the most robust.
So how can you get started with YouTube video marketing? This article will discuss the basics of creating a successful YouTube strategy and how to create content that resonates with audiences.
Google owns YouTube, so it offers several powerful features that can give your content a boost.
- Advanced analytics: You’ll have access to detailed analytics that can give you insights into what kind of content resonates with your audience and where it’s ranking.
- Search engine optimization: YouTube videos are automatically indexed in Google, so they can be found by potential customers who are searching for related topics or keywords.
- Numerous targeting options: You can target specific audiences based on their location, interests, or past viewing habits. You can also create custom campaigns to reach new audiences and convert them into customers.
- Performance-based marketing: With YouTube’s performance-based marketing, you pay only when someone watches or clicks on your ad. This makes it easier to control costs and reach a larger audience.
- Engaged audience: When someone searches for and clicks on a YouTube video, they’re more likely to engage with the content than if they were browsing an article on a website. This makes YouTube an ideal platform for driving engagement and conversions.
The platform also gives you access to various tools, such as video overlays and end cards, that allow you to capture viewers’ attention and direct them to other videos or content on your website.
On YouTube, there are several strategies you can use to get your content seen and drive conversions.
YouTubers and influencers have large followings and can help you promote your content, increase awareness of your brand, and drive sales. And there are numerous ways to use influencers to promote your products.
Brand mentions are one of the most popular methods of promotion. When an influencer mentions your brand in their video, it can create a buzz and generate interest in your products.
Typically, this involves connecting with influencers who have an audience similar to your target market and either sending them free products, or paying them to mention your products in their video.
Product reviews are another popular strategy used by businesses on YouTube. You can send a product to an influencer and have them review it in their video. The influencer gives their honest opinion of the product and discusses its various features. This can be a great way to get your products in front of potential customers and increase sales.
The most organic form of promotion is to create content with influencers. Collaborative content shows the product in action, demonstrates a high level of endorsement to the audience, and helps create more of a personal relationship between the influencer and the brand.
Most successful brands follow the same strategy—creating content that caters to their target market. But if you want to take advantage of the latest trends and make sure your videos get seen, then you need to create content based on popular topics.
On YouTube, TikTok, and other social media platforms, there are always new micro-trends emerging every day. If you can create content based on popular topics, then there’s a good chance that people will find your videos in their feeds and watch them.
You don’t just have to post one video at a time—you can also create an entire series of related videos. A series allows you to tell a story, build relationships with your viewers, and give them a reason to come back for more.
Creating a series also requires less effort than creating individual videos. You can repurpose and reedit the same footage and graphics in each episode, which means you don’t have to create net-new assets for every video.
YouTube video ads offer businesses a great way to get their message out in front of potential customers. YouTube’s TrueView ads allow viewers to choose which ads they watch, giving them more control and increasing engagement.
Video ads are also more effective than traditional banner or text-based advertising because they’re much harder for viewers to ignore. With the right creative, video ads can be highly effective in driving action and conversions.
If you plan to create video ads for your business, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- YouTube ad size: Every advertising platform has specific ad sizes, so make sure your video ad conforms to YouTube’s screen size so that your video fits in the frame and doesn’t get cut off.
- Overlays & End Cards: Overlays and end cards are a great way to capture viewers’ attention and direct them to other videos or content on your website. You can use overlays in the middle of your video, or at the end as an “outro”
- Video length: Generally speaking, the shorter the better—but the ideal length of a video ad will depend on what you’re trying to promote and who your target audience is.
- Call-to-action: Make sure to include a clear call-to-action at the end of your video, so that viewers know what you want them to do.
By following these tips and leveraging popular trends, influencer endorsements, ads and series content, you can create an effective YouTube video marketing campaign for your business. With the right strategy in place, you’ll be able to reach new audiences and increase engagement and conversions.