Tasie Lawrence is a British actress, singer, and songwriter who is best known for her role as Mara Jaffray in the Nickelodeon series House of Anubis. She is also the wife of Australian-American comedian, actor, and writer Jim Jefferies, who created and starred in the FX sitcom Legit and the Comedy Central late-night show The Jim Jefferies Show. In this blog post, we will explore the life and career of Tasie Lawrence, and how she balances her multiple talents with her family and personal life.
Table of Contents
Early Life and Education
Tasie Lawrence was born Anastasia Katya Breezy Dhanraj on December 22, 1990, in Brighton, East Sussex, England. She is of Indian and English descent, and has a younger sister named Tasha. She grew up in a musical family, and started singing and playing piano at a young age. She attended Roedean School, an independent boarding school for girls, where she studied music, drama, and dance. She also participated in various musical theatre productions and competitions, and won several awards for her singing and acting skills.
After finishing her secondary education, Tasie enrolled at the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts (WAAPA) in Perth, where she studied musical theatre and classical music. However, she dropped out after a few months, feeling that the course was not suited for her. She decided to pursue a career in the music industry instead, and moved back to England.
Tasie Lawrence began her music career as a singer and songwriter, and signed a record deal with Island Records in 2009. She joined a dark pop rock band called the WooWoos, along with Nicky Mac and Jess Greenfield. The band released their debut single, “Fizzy Lettuce”, in 2011, and performed at various festivals and venues, including the Glastonbury Festival and the Reading and Leeds Festivals. They also supported acts such as The Wanted, Pixie Lott, and Olly Murs.
However, in 2012, Tasie announced on her Twitter account that she had left the band, citing creative differences and a desire to pursue other projects. She also revealed that she had been working on her solo material, and planned to release her own music in the future.
Tasie Lawrence made her acting debut in 2011, when she landed the role of Mara Jaffray, a smart and studious student, in the Nickelodeon mystery series House of Anubis. The show was a remake of a Dutch-Belgian series called Het Huis Anubis, and followed the adventures of a group of teenagers who lived in a boarding house and uncovered secrets and mysteries. The show was a hit among young audiences, and ran for three seasons and a movie, from 2011 to 2013.
Tasie received positive reviews for her performance, and was nominated for a Kids’ Choice Award for Favorite UK TV Actress in 2013. She also appeared in the music video for her co-star Brad Kavanagh’s song “We Shall Overcome” in 2012.
After House of Anubis ended, Tasie continued to pursue her acting career, and appeared in various films and television shows, both in the UK and the US. Some of her notable credits include:
- Good Kids (2016), a comedy film about four high school graduates who try to reinvent themselves before going to college, where she played Danya, a rebellious and free-spirited girl.
- Shoot Me Nicely (2016), a TV movie about a photographer who tries to revive his career after losing his mojo, where she played Vanessa Lennox, a model and actress who becomes his muse.
- Brothers in Atlanta (2016), a HBO comedy pilot about two struggling entertainers who try to make it big in Atlanta, where she played Chloe, a British singer and songwriter who is friends with the protagonists.
- Public Disturbance (2018), a comedy film about a group of pranksters who clash with a Hollywood star, where she played Sophia, a love interest of one of the pranksters.
- The Resident (2018), a Fox medical drama series, where she played Priya Nair, a journalist and the girlfriend of one of the main characters.
- Sherman’s Showcase (2019), an IFC comedy series that parodies musical variety shows, where she played Sade, a singer and dancer who is part of the showcase.
- First Wives Club (2019), a BET comedy series based on the 1996 film of the same name, where she played Stella Bentley, a British socialite and the wife of one of the main characters.
- Domino: Battle of the Bones (2021), a comedy film about a domino tournament, where she played Namita, a domino enthusiast and the girlfriend of one of the main characters.
- Grounded (2022), a Netflix sci-fi series about a group of astronauts who are stranded on a space station after a global catastrophe, where she played Vishpala, a medical officer and the leader of the crew.
- Captive (2023), a thriller film about a woman who is kidnapped and held hostage by a mysterious man, where she played Crystal, the captive.
Personal Life and Family
Tasie Lawrence met Jim Jefferies in 2019, and they started dating shortly after. Jim Jefferies is a famous comedian, actor, and writer who was born in Sydney, Australia, and holds dual Australian and American citizenship. He is known for his controversial and provocative stand-up comedy, as well as his sitcom Legit and his late-night show The Jim Jefferies Show. He also has a son named Hank from a previous relationship.
Tasie and Jim got married in September 2020, in a low-key ceremony that was accidentally revealed by Jim’s brother on social media. Tasie shared some pictures from their wedding day on her Instagram account, and wrote that she married her “best friend”. She also changed her last name to Jefferies on her social media profiles.
In March 2021, Tasie and Jim welcomed their first child together, a son named Charlie. Tasie announced the news on her Instagram account, and shared a picture of herself holding the newborn baby. She wrote that she was “so in love” with her “beautiful boy”.
Tasie and Jim currently live in Los Angeles, California, with their two sons and their dog, a French bulldog named Rocky. They are a happy and loving family, and often share pictures and videos of their fun and funny moments together on social media.
Here are some interesting facts about Tasie Lawrence:
|32 (as of 2023)
|5’2″ (1.57 m)
|Jim Jefferies (m. 2020)
|Charlie Jefferies (b. 2021)
|Roedean School, Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts (dropped out)
|$2 million (estimated)
|Tasha Dhanraj (sister)
|Favorite TV Show
|Rocky (French bulldog)
Tasie Lawrence is a multitalented and successful woman who has achieved a lot in her music and acting career. She is also a devoted wife and mother who enjoys spending time with her family and friends. She is an inspiration to many young girls who aspire to pursue their dreams and passions. We hope you enjoyed reading this blog post about Tasie Lawrence, the wife of Jim Jefferies.