eBay Canada How to Buy and Sell, New Offers, Safety Guides
eBay Canada | Important Tips | Buy | Sell Online | Products | Advantages | Disadvantages | Login | Sign up | Policies | Local | International | About eBay || eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. They exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. Their portfolio of brands includes eBay Marketplace and eBay Classifieds Group, operating in 190 markets around the world.
The ebay.com marketplace and its localized counterparts, as well as the eBay mobile apps, are among the world’s largest and most vibrant marketplaces for discovering great value and unique selection.
eBay Canada serves two main categories of people and base on that eBay has evolved over the years making sure they serve these two categories of people very well.
Table of Contents
Sign in or Register on eBay Canada
You can find both the sign in and registration button at the top left corner of eBay like shown in the image below.
eBay Canada for Sellers
1. Individual / Personal Sellers
eBay Canada understands that people might have personal items they would want to sell which they will need an easy way to do that. It for reason that you can be able to publish any of your personal belonging on eBay which will be seen by millions of users on eBay and if any buyer is interested in your product, they follow eBay’s method purchasing the product.
If you are operating as a business and you want to increase your sales, you don’t only have to rely on the few people within your locality or community to buy your products. You can apply technology and reach millions of buyers around the globe by signing up on eBay Canada as a business. As a business if you publish your products on eBay international ordering it can increase your sales from selling hundreds of products a month to selling thousands of products a month.
3. How to Receive Payment on eBay.
eBay is in official partnership with PayPal and this has enabled PayPal to take of any transaction on eBay, Sellers on eBay ideally must have PayPal account which will be linked to their eBay Canada account so that any product a buyer purchases the money will be sent to their PayPal account. You can click here to learn how to withdraw money from PayPal to your preferred bank account.
4. Listing Format on eBay
When you list on eBay Canada, you have a choice between two listing formats: auction style, and fixed price.
Auction style listings let you set a starting price for your item—typically the lowest price you’re willing to accept. Interested buyers then place bids on your item, driving the price higher until the listing ends. The highest bidder then wins the item.
Fixed price listings allow you to list your item at a set price, so that buyers can purchase right away without bidding.
While the format you choose is up to you, we generally recommend that business sellers choose to list in the fixed price format, unless the value of the item is unclear, as can be the case with liquidation items or damaged inventory.
Tips for Selling Fast on eBay.
After Careful analysis by ScopeNew, we realized top sellers on eBay do the following.
1. Product Photos – Buyers on eBay Canada believes how the product looks in the image is how the products is, so if you make sure to take a great and clear photo of your product with clear details, it will surely attract buyers to be interested in buying your product. Showing low quality photos on eBay makes buyers feels you have something to hide which might not be the case or your intention.
2. Don’t Over Price Product – eBay is a global platform where millions of sellers might also be selling same thing you are selling on eBay, if you over price your products since buyers have the option of viewing and comparing prices, they might switch to a seller who is selling same product at a cheaper price just for them to be able to save some money.
If you are not sure how to price your item, you can search for items similar to yours in Advanced Search, filtering for Sold Listings. You’ll be able to see what other items have sold successfully for in the past. You can also search live listings for items like yours to ensure that your pricing remains competitive.
3. Positive Feedbacks – For most sellers who are familiar with eBay, they will first look at your feedbacks to see what others has to say about you. It is very important to treat every client or customer purchase a product from you on eBay with great service to avoid getting negative feedbacks from buyers. If a buyer sees that you have negative feedbacks, they wouldn’t want to be the next victim.
eBay Canada for Buyers
If you view products on eBay and find something which catches your interest and you want to buy, then you can consider yourself as a buyer on eBay Canada. There are a few things as a buyer you must consider before buying anything on eBay to avoid being a victim of purchasing of bad products which you didn’t anticipate.
1. First view the seller’s feedback to make sure the seller has positive feedbacks, Scopenew will not advice you to purchase from sellers with no or negative feedbacks.
2. On the description page of the product, make sure to read carefully to make sure satisfied with what the seller has stated. You can always contact the seller for more information on the product.
Buying as a guest on eBay
You can shop for most things on eBay without needing an eBay account, but you’ll miss out on the benefits of being a member.
When you buy as a guest on eBay Canada, you can still track your purchases and return items you’ve bought, but you won’t be able to use My eBay to keep track of your activity, message other members, or sell your unwanted items.
How to buy as a guest on eBay Canada
Once you’ve found an item you’d like to buy, you can go to checkout to complete your purchase. Here’s how:
i. Select Buy It Now on the listing.
ii. Select Check out as guest.
iii. Fill in your shipping address, email address, and payment information.
iv. Select Confirm and pay.
You can buy without an eBay Canada account as long as:
i. The item costs less than $5,000
ii. The item can be purchased using Buy It Now. If you want to bid on an auction or send a Best Offer to a seller, you’ll need an eBay account
iii. You pay for the item using PayPal, credit card, debit card, Apple Pay, or Google Pay
Your guest order confirmation email
When you buy an item as a guest, eBay will send you a guest order confirmation email, with the subject line “Order Confirmed”. You will need this email to view your order details, contact the seller, track your order, or start a return if you need to send your item back.
Tracking an order as a guest
If your seller is sending your item using a tracked delivery service, you can follow your item’s progress all the way to your shipping address.
Here’s how to track your order as a guest:
1. Find your eBay guest order confirmation email. The subject line starts with “Order Confirmed”.
2. Select View order details.
3. Select Show shipping details.
You will see a delivery status bar with a delivery company, tracking number, and the item’s current location.
If you don’t see the tracking information you can select Contact seller on the Order Details page and ask the seller if they will upload the tracking number.
Return an item you bought as a guest
If you need to return the item you bought, you can open a return request through the order confirmation email you received from eBay.
To start a return:
i. Find the email with the subject line starting “Order Confirmed”.
ii. Select View order details.
iii. Choose Return item.
iv. Select your reason for returning the item.
v. Select Next.
vi. If you like, you can add a message for the seller and add up to 10 photos.
vii. Select Confirm return.
How to buy a Product on eBay Canada
On eBay Canada there are 2 ways items are listed for sale, see that below.
1. Upfront buying – Here when you are interested in a product you make an instant payment and the product will be prepared for shipping to you.
2. Bidding – Here buyers are giving the option to place their bid for a particular product and the one with the highest bidding when the time expires will eventually get the chance to pay for the product. Of course, the buyer must first check the description of the item to see if they are satisfied before placing their bid.
Of course, eBay works perfectly in Canada, the website URL for Canada is www.ebay.ca this means you have visited eBay made for Canadians.